Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pumpkin Bars



3/4 cup pumpkin puree can use canned or frozen)
1/2 cup agave nectar
3 eggs

1 cup of almond flour (totally white) or almond meal (has brown flecks).
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp  cloves


Combine the pumpkin puree, agave nectar and eggs in blender for 2 minutes.

Add combined dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and blend in blender for an additional minute.

Pour into a 8x8 baking dish or do it Demarle style.....

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

Absolutely delic!  I love them alone....the kids prefer it with ice cream...we are all a work in progress....this wellness dining is a journey.

Thankful to have found a version of this recipe at Elana's Pantry  I revised it to my liking.  I found hers to be a bit too sweet, so I added another egg and a bit more pumpkin.  She has so many wonderfully delicious yet healthy recipes on her blog.  I am soooo thankful to have found her website! Her info links are very helpful resources as well.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious, and I will give it a try. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete