Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweet Potato, Apple and Cranberry

A friend brought this to church as a fellowship side dish.
I had to have the recipe!  This presents so many opportunities from pie filling, a delicious topping on waffles, wonderful companion to vanilla yogurt....to name a few....


It is such a healthy treat!

I must admit with my family...I can never make a single batch....usually I am making this x4 or x8!  I love having it "left over" so I can get creative with it.


1 lg sweet potato, diced
1 lg apple, diced
1/4 -1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 TBS butter melted
1 TBS maple syrup or honey (orig recipe called for brown sugar)
pinch of salt
1/2 - 3/4 tsp cinnamon

Bake covered @ 375 until tender.

or....the original recipe said to just microwave it covered for 8-9 minutes if you don't feel like heating the kitchen;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment