Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oatmeal Flour

Many years ago, I was well above my ideal weight. My Doctor ordered me to avoid processed food, including white flour. When one is initially handed a "diet" it can be such an emotional moment. The diet seemed so restrictive.

These pancakes provided for us a healthy sweet breakfast treat. I suggest topping these with banana slices, sprinkles of cinnamon, and drizzled with warm honey. The children like these with real maple syrup. A simple, quick on-the-go option would be two of these with fruit-sweetened jam or jelly and/or peanut butter.

These are made from quick oats that I have ground into flour in my blender (a relic Vita Mix).
When I first started making these and my oatmeal waffles, I would just grind what I needed at the moment in a little ($10) food chopper. These dietary changes have me using oatmeal flour often so I keep a large oatmeal canister full of oat flour.

2 comments: